I recently read a tutorial on manipulating glass stringer on the Bullseye Glass website. I decided to give it a try adding my own spin to it. Instead of trying to keep the stringer bent in a rectangle pattern what if I bent it randomly. I placed the bent stringers on a clear piece of glass; again pretty randomly. Here is what it looked like going in the kiln.
I fired this part sheet but not completely flat. The stringers were slightly raised. Here is what it looked like after it was fired.
I cut it up and combined it with red and white glass. I capped it all with a clear piece of glass.
The result was better than I anticipated. Because the stringers were not completely flat when I capped it with a piece of clear it trapped little bubbles. The result is a fun, festive look.